Hurting teeth is definitely not the most pleasant feeling. Tooth pain is dull and makes people nervous. Teeth hurting symptoms include pain when you eat or drink something cold. Even the breath of fresh air can cause pain in the teeth. Besides, there are sudden kinds of pain.
If your teeth are sensitive, you will probably feel your teeth hurting very often. We feel tooth pain when the trigger reaches the nerve through the tiny tubes of the dentin, a soft layer beneath the gums. People between 25 and 30 suffer from hurting teeth most of all. Therefore, we might suppose that age has influence. Teeth grinding causes hurting teeth as well, because it wears down their enamel.
Acidic drinks and foods may cause sharp pain in your mouth cavity. Pickles, tomatoes, citrus fruits, sodas can wear the enamel down if you consume them regularly. They are high in acids and lead to hurting teeth. Tooth decay can also be painful. It is especially painful when it reaches the surface near the gum line. Using a toothbrush with hard bristles you also risk facing pain in your teeth. If you usually brush too hard, expect facing it as well.
In case you have gum diseases, such as gingivitis, for example, the inflamed gums will leave the roots of your teeth at the disposal of pain. Hurting teeth after a dentist visit also happen. Restoration of teeth, inserting crowns, cleaning and whitening of teeth may cause discomfort. Though, this kind of unpleasant feelings will pass away with some time.
Hurting teeth from braces is also a wide-spread problem. In order to align the patient’s teeth, braces have to shift the crooked ones a little bit. Surely, this procedure will be felt by the patient. Hurting teeth causes are clear. They bring discomfort. People need to obey simple and useful pieces of advice in order to prevent teeth hurting:
- Brush your teeth with a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- There are toothpastes for sensitive teeth. Better use this kind of the cleaning substance.
- Do not be afraid to try toothpastes from a few brands. Only then you will find the most suitable brand for you.
- Try to get rid of a habit of consuming acidic foods and drinks.
- A fluoridated rinse will also help you.
- Never grind your teeth.
- Thoroughly and regularly brush your teeth.
- Try to reach all the places of hard access. Do not skip on flossing. It is perfect for reaching the whole surface of a tooth.
- If you feel any kind of teeth pain, consult your dentist immediately. If you do not feel any discomfort, visit his office every 6 months.