Correct your bite in a few steps
Correct dental bite is the target of every person who decides to start dental curing. Quite often, people evaluate the dental health by physical view. In a certain sense it can be truthful opinion because a beautiful and snow-white smile implies healthy condition of not only teeth but also our bodies in general. A beautiful smile gives confidence. However, unfortunately, not everyone can boast of an ideal smile, as a result a person may feel awkward. It often happens due to improper bite, which is not only an aesthetic issue. After all, the right jaw position is substantial not only for beauty and proper speech, but also for the correct work of mandibular joints, the digestive system, and wellness of the head and neck muscles as well. There are several features that can define if you have correct teeth bite or not. And besides, you are able to do it visually. If there are no anomalies, the teeth are tightly interconnected; there are no gaps in the tooth rows; upper incisors can cover the bottom row, but not more than a third of the height. Do your teeth match all the requirements? Congratulations, you have a bite correct! Most patients believe that the worst thing with bite anomalies can be in unaesthetic view, but in fact the question is much more global. Incorrect closure of the jowls can lead to such consequences as rapid erasure of tooth enamel, violation of face symmetry, caries and diseases of stomach. If the bite violation is still formed, it’s necessary to consult an orthodontist who decides how to fix it. But before the doctor will define what kind of overbite you have. The most spread are crossbite and underbite.
- Crossbite is featured by uneven development of the upper and bottom dentitions. They are able to intersect in the anterior or side parts of jaws. Pathology leads to heavy condition of diction, issues with the digestive system, respiratory obstruction, as well as serious violations of the masticatory functions of dentals.
- Underbite is a kind of incorrect bite, when the bottom jaw is noticeably moved forward in relation to the upper jaw for several reasons. This type of bite can be induced by such occasions as unfavorable heredity, birth injury of the child, rickets, some bad habits of the child, etc. If the bite is not corrected in time, then it can provoke distortion of the face shape, a violation of chewing. Besides, the paradontosis has a high chance to develop or increase. The question whether treatment is needed, which method of overbite correction will work best, how is it necessary care about the oral cavity during treatment – an orthodontist can answer all of this after thorough observation. There is a belief that correction of the dentition is necessary only in situations when a patient has a clear defect. Many people suppose that correction may be necessary only for abnormal events, but even the correct physiological bite occasionally needs correction. Wrong closure of the dentition needs to be adjusted in any case. The patient has the opportunity to fix that by choosing between several methods of bite correction (braces or aligners or, in worst case - orthodontic surgery). By the way, braces remain the most popular and effective. So, what are the most important steps to correct a wrong bite?
- Check your dentition with view of the correct bite. In order to carry this out, you just have to go to the mirror, squeeze your teeth tight and smile.
- If you have an overbite, consult an orthodontist for a professional opinion.
- Choose the most suitable correction method that will help you fix a smile. Bite correction is not an easy, but quite solvable task, regardless of the severity of the disease. An experienced specialist will help to deal with this problem, but the main responsibility is on your shoulders. After all, the most important thing is not to give up on the way to a beautiful healthy smile.